I think I was about 17 years when I first thought of this concept. It came to me in a progress of events, I was in my final year of high school and I had just finished reading The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang and it absolutely wrecked my shit. I was so distraught after that whole ordeal, so much so decided to start posting about it on Tiktok. I then spent the next 8 months posting about the Poppy War and other books I was reading during that period.
I was inspired to start a YouTube, my thoughts went on for hours and long form content is not really something I wanted to share on TikTok. So I started to entertain the idea for a channel and what that channel should be called. I wanted something proper and tangible, I don't know why but it just felt right.
So how did I end up with The Official Support Group for Victim of Fiction?
If you are a Poppy War fan and you see content about the trilogy on your fyp, you know how almost every post is rage bait and angst. Poppy War fans, myself included have a twisted sense of humor and making edits and memes that leaves you with your jaw on the floor seems to be an excellent way to cope. So you'll often see comments like:
"R.F. Kuang, I'm sending you my therapy bills" or "what if I was suicidal" or "RFK, when I catch you" and my personal favorite " sleep with one eye open tonight"
These are all comments I have received under my posts and they are all in jest but it represents a togetherness that I cherish. To know that you read the same thing and it impacted you as much as the next person. It built a sense of community rooted in sadness. Sadness about the events in the book, the characters and much more. It was kind like a support group. The whole phrase came to me and it just fit so perfectly. I made a banner for the channel and then I proceeded to not do anything, until now. Almost five years later.
In those five years, I completed high school, rewrote some of my exams, got an internship. Worked for almost three years, read a lot of books and fanfiction. Finished my internship and now I am starting my tertiary studies. A lot of time has passed and a little has happened and I am realizing all the ideas of things I want to put out into the world are in my head and not in my life. So changes are being made.
Starting with an introduction.
My name is Paida and I am 21 years old as of the 17th of April 2026. I love to read, to talk and write and I am riddled with many ideas and I will be making it your problem. Thank you and welcome to my blog.
Here are other platforms you can find me:
YouTube - https://youtube.com/@victimsoffiction_supportgroup?si=-ARSwPTUZy_zfu4b
I post my monthly ready, tbr lists, and reviews on here.
My tiktok page - tiktok.com/@paidagwex?_t=ZM-8tGr2qd2wTt&_r=1
Home to my Poppy War posts, and then some.
BENABLE - benable.com/i/SU1XF
this is an invite link, to my booklists.
Podcast - open.spotify.com/show/67C1NBzEIm80NCEZd13LlB?si=G5qTD27OQEWlYq6X2ozuYg
Substake - substack.com/@paidagwex
Until the next book,
Paida

No comments:
Post a Comment